Here’s Your Shortcut To Get Rid Of Warts
Nowadays warts are considered to be one of the most common forms of skin lesions. Warts are small growths that can protrude anywhere on your body. It is generally caused by a virus known as human papillomavirus. Warts are usually harmless but sometimes they can get annoying.
People often tend to get it removed if it appears on a visible area such as the face. There are many medical treatments and home remedies available that might help you to get rid of warts and other skin growths. Continue reading the article given below to know more about warts and their removal methods.
Overview: Tea Tree Oil For Warts
Some of the studies show that tea tree oil is considered to be an effective treatment for warts. Warts are skin growths that are generally caused by human papillomavirus (HPV). They are basically small growths that can appear anywhere on your body. It generally looks like a solid blister or a small cauliflower.
There are various types of warts which include common warts, flat warts, pigmented warts, plantar warts, etc. Warts are usually harmless but it might bother you sometimes especially if they grow on your face or other visible areas. However, if it is bothering you then you can it removed either by medical treatment or simply by some home remedy.
Health care experts suggest that you can get rid of warts by applying tea tree oil on the infected area and the surrounding skin. The rich antimicrobial properties of tea tree oil might help you to remove these unwanted warts. This oil is also used in many other alternative medicines. It can be used to treat wounds and infections as well.
Benefits Of Tea Tree Oil For Warts
There are various benefits that you can obtain by using tea tree oil. It can be used to treat warts and other skin growths as well. Given below are a few benefits that you can obtain by using tea tree oil.
- Antiviral: The antiviral and antimicrobial properties of tea tree oil helps you to fight against common pathogens. Some studies also show that it helps to fight against the HPV virus.
- Boosts immune system: Tea tree oil also helps to boost your immune system. This, in turn, helps to activate the white blood cells. Activation of the white blood cells helps to treat warts.
- Cleansing Agent: This oil has rich antimicrobial properties. It is used to prevent infections and clean wounds for centuries. By applying tea tree oil on warts you can prevent it from spreading to other people.
- Prevents Itchiness: The anti-inflammatory properties of tea tree oil helps to prevent the discomfort of itchy skin. Rather it helps to soothe the skin and thus heals the infections that cause itchy skin.
- Reduces inflammation: Some of the studies show that tea tree can also be used to reduce inflammation. Thus it also helps to reduce swelling and redness of the skin.
How To Use Tea Tree Oil For Warts?
There are numerous ways in which you can use tea tree oil. Some of the most effective methods are listed below.
- Concentrated Dose: This oil is available in the market in several different concentrations. This concentrated dosage ranges from 5 to 100 percent. You can also dilute it if you wish to. All you need to do is soak around 3 to 4 drops of this oil in a cotton swab and tape it using a bandage overnight. Repeat this process until the tag falls off.
- Australian Combo: Here you need to mix one part of tea tree oil along with one part of eucalyptus oil. The blend of these two oils has been proven highly effective against certain viruses including the HPV virus. All you need to do is apply some amount of the oil on the infected area until the wart drys out and falls off.
- Oil Rub: You can also get rid of warts simply by mixing one part tree oil along with one part sandalwood oil. All you need to do is apply this application twice a day on the infected area, for around 12 weeks.
- Acid Peel: Even adding tea tree oil to a salicylic acid acne cream can help you to get rid of warts. Simply by applying this mixture over the wart, it may dry out and thus gradually fall off.
Precautions While Using Tea Tree Oil For Warts
There are certain precautions that you must follow before using tea tree oil for warts. Some of these precautions are listed below.
- Make sure that you do not ingest tea tree oil because it may be toxic if it is swallowed.
- Keep it out of reach of children. Swallowing it can lead to major medical conditions as well.
- Do not use it in the undiluted form. As people with sensitive skin might experience irritation.
- Health care experts advise you to use a drop or two on your skin if you are using it for the first time.
- If you experience any kind of negative side effect then consult a doctor immediately.
- Consult a doctor before consuming it if you are using any other medication.
Quick Guide: Tea Tree Oil For Warts
Tea tree oil is considered to be extremely safe to use on your skin. However, it might be unsafe for young children and pets. It is also considered as one of the most inexpensive and natural alternatives to treat skin growths and warts as well. The rich antimicrobial properties of tea tree oil might help you to remove these unwanted warts.
The antimicrobial and anti-inflammatory properties of tea tree oil help you to get rid of warts as well. Warts are harmless growths that protrude from your skin. Pigmented warts, plantar warts, etc. are some of the types of warts that usually appear on your skin. It also helps to prevent itchiness and reduces inflammation as well. Tea tree oil can be used in various ways as mentioned above.