Cherish Your Skin With Tea Tree Oil!
Skin is the most noticeable organ of our body. A lot many internal problems of our body can be identified just by looking at the skin color and texture. The most neglected part of our body is skin tags. People often accept the existence of skin tags and take them very casually. Skin tags are now easy to remove so that your natural glow gets all the attention. Tea tree oil for skin tags is a well-known remedy for unwanted skin tags. Skin tags do not harm you in any way but are easily noticeable. But such tags are not supposed to be taken lightly. Instead, you must get to the depth of the concept of skin tags.
What Are Skin Tags?
Skin tags are the non-cancerous tumor known as benign. They are basically soft, extra skin growth hanging off the skin. These are the excess fold of skin caused by multiple internal skin layers. Skin tags are usually flesh colored which look like a sprout from a stalk. Such narrow stalks are called as peduncle. They are also called cutaneous tags, acrochordons or soft fibromas, etc.
Areas Where Skin Tags Are Generally Found:
Skin tags usually appear in those areas where the skin tags have folded. They can be brown or beige in color or even darker than your skin tone.
- Groin area
Characteristics Of Skin Tags:
- Skin tags are generally harmless. They cause no unnecessary pain to the body.
- Due to skin rubbing, they may be irritating for a while.
- They can appear extremely unappealing due to the flesh colored uneven structure or texture or dark color.
- They vary from person to person in the aspects of size, the location where they appear, etc.
Causes Of Skin Tags:
- Skin tags occur when the clusters of collagen and blood vessels become trapped inside thicker pieces of skin. This allows the skin to form a stem-like structure.
- More often, skin tags are caused by skin rubbing against the skin which eventually causes friction and makes a favorable condition for skin tags to happen.
- Skin tags are seen in both males as well as females, especially in the cases of obesity and diabetes.
- These are also evident in most of the pregnancy cases.
- Also, skin tags are seen more in people who are associated with hyperinsulinemia – which is a condition where excessive insulin is circulated in the blood.
Tea Tree Oil:
Tea Tree Oil is known as Melaleuca Oil. It is an essential oil which is obtained from the leaves of Melaleuca alternifolia. Essential oils are generally obtained after the scientific processes of distillation and evaporation. Tea Tree Oil is a folk medicine which has been used for several ailments. Aboriginals of Australia have predominantly used for years to treat benign. However, this essential oil has proven potent since centuries to prevent tropical diseases. This essential extract is naturally designed to keep skin, hair, and nails healthy. Since it has several antiseptic properties which are used to cure wounds and combat infections. Mostly tea tree oil is used to cure athlete’s foot, acne, and fungal infection. Thus, this essential oil is often used in a variety of cosmetic and beauty products such as soaps, shampoos, sanitizers, essences, and moisturizers.
Benefits Of Tea Tree Oil For Skin Tags:
There are various essential oils which include the following properties. Tea tree oil is also considered as an effective remedy for fungal nails, hair scalp treatment, etc. Gargles with tea tree oil with water can instantly fix bad breath and gingivitis.
- Dehydrating Effects: Tea Tree Oil is known for its dehydrating properties. Such properties are responsible for acne removal. It will dehydrate the skin tag resulting in cease of blood supply to the root of the skin tag. Thus, this eventually results in falling off the tag.
- Antiviral: This oil has antiviral traits which help the body fight which viral touches of flu and infections. Such characteristics enable the tag removal without any infection.
- Antimicrobial: Along with the antiseptic properties, the antimicrobial properties help mild the active acne and boil rapidly.
- Antifungal: Tea tree oil has antifungal properties which destroy existing microorganisms and prevents their reproduction and recreation.
- Immunity Booster: This oil activates the immune system and boosts your resistance power and immunes white blood cells.
How To Use Tea Tree Oil For Skin Tags?
You can use tea tree oil as creatively as you want. It can be applied externally as well as consumed orally. You are advised to consume tea tree oil provided it is diluted with sufficient water.
Tea Tree Oil Solution:
Soak a cotton ball in few drops of tea tree oil. Let it rest for 2-3 minutes. Use a bandage or tape to secure the cotton ball to the skin tag. Let it stay overnight. Repeat the process every night.
Tea Tree Oil- Vinegar Mix:
Soak a cotton ball in organic apple cider vinegar and add a few drops of tea tree oil. Use tape or a bandage to secure the cotton ball to your skin tag. Leave on the skin tag for 10-15 minutes. Wash off the area with soap and water. Continue the same procedure in two to three times per day.
Tea Tree Oil Salt Soak:
Few Tea Tree oils are already diluted. But this form of tea tree oil is a bathing salt. Tea tree oil is mixed with essential sea salts and used as an exfoliator. However, this acts as a bathing body scrub which is used as a body cleanser. Such a mixture also contains phototoxicity. This is a soothing mixture which has organic tropical agent meant to cure bumps and breakouts.
Precautions While Using Tea Tree Oil For Skin Tags:
Tea tree oil is supposed to be chosen carefully.
- Do not apply it on sensitive areas such as genitals and eyes.
- Do not use a concentrated amount of Tea Tree Oil, instead dilute it with any carrier oil such as coconut oil, almond oil or palm oil.
- Always apply tea tree oil in small quantities as even when swallowed directly small doses may result in confusion and delirium